Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Andrew Lacy Jr.
1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: I called an hour before my shift started to say that I couldn't make it and they are treating it as a no call no show.

Is this allowed even if I called them an hour in advance?

Andrew Lacy Jr.
Andrew Lacy Jr.
answered on Feb 2, 2021

Yes, they can treat it as a no call, no show. Technically, employers have broad disrection with respect to their employment practices. Employment is at-will, and they can fire you for any non-illegal reason.

Where an employer would start to get in trouble would be a situation where it did...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: I'm in PA where wire tapping laws are 2 party consent. Can an employer use software/technology to record me?

Let's say they use a software program that has a dictate function. Is that legal?

Andrew Lacy Jr.
Andrew Lacy Jr.
answered on Feb 1, 2021

This is not legal advice, just general information. But you are right, that PA is a two-party consent state making any unconsented recording illegal. This question, however, is whether you consented. In many employment contracts/handbooks, there is fine language giving an employer your consent... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.