Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Hunter Fede
1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Tennessee on
Q: I had a company forge my signature on a purchase agreement, do I have any legal action to take against this company?
Hunter Fede
Hunter Fede answered on May 28, 2021

Yes, if you can prove they forged your signature, Absolutely. This would be considered fraud.

2 Answers | Asked in Contracts and Criminal Law for Michigan on
Q: I went through home advisor to find a contractor. He took a down payment and has since stopped communication.

I signed a contract with the individual that he would replace the fencing around my property. After the check cleared for the down payment, he has stopped returning my messages. What are my legal options?

Hunter Fede
Hunter Fede answered on May 28, 2021

How Long has the contractor been avoiding your communications? Does he have a contractor license/ license number? These are all good things to know for your legal options. But yes, contact the police and file a complaints as well.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.