Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Mr. J. Michael Price II
4 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Texas on
Q: What are my options if I could not afford $3000 legal fee to handle a criminal charge for less than US$100?

Does the guarantee from this criminal attorney who informs me of $3000 legal fee a standard criminal law practice?

"I can guarantee that you will get the case dismissed after you perform deferred adjudication probation. It is very rare that the case gets dismissed outright without... Read more »

Mr. J. Michael Price II
Mr. J. Michael Price II
answered on May 22, 2019

That 'guarantee' by whatever lawyer you are talking to is very misleading. In every case in Texas where a person receives 'deferred adjudication probation' and successfully completes it, their case is 'dismissed'. So guaranteeing something for $3,000 that is going... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.