Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Trinity Marie Hundredmark
2 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Georgia on
Q: if the father didn't sign a birth cert. or have the child legitimize does he have rights? if the mother lives in another

state and the child was born in the state with the mother he is concerned a citizen of the state of Georgia but the father took the child from the mother by getting her too visit his home in the state of Virginia would that be kidnapping?

Trinity Marie Hundredmark
Trinity Marie Hundredmark
answered on Sep 12, 2017

In the State of Georgia, paternity and legitimization of a child born out of wedlock were long held as two different processes. Paternity established that the man was the biological father, but the law required a child to be legitimate before the father could pursue custody and visitation issues.... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.