Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Myrna Arroyo
2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning for Louisiana on
Q: Hello I am a heir need a lawyer to help write up a succession to transfer over the property
Myrna Arroyo
Myrna Arroyo
answered on Dec 14, 2021

You can call our office for a free 15 min consultation.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law and Probate for Louisiana on
Q: Decedent died a mth will. no parents /wife/children. Has two surviving brothers.

Value is under the 125k amount.

We are interested in buying this house. How do we ensure who has legal right to sell it and if it has a clear title?

State is Louisiana

Myrna Arroyo
Myrna Arroyo
answered on Jan 3, 2021

The decedent's house would pass to his brothers, if he left no parents, spouse or children. The brothers will need to open a succession. If all the decedent's assets are less than $125K, and all of his heirs are in agreement, they can execute a Small Succession Affidavit to transfer the... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.