Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Raul Enrique Guerra Jr
2 Answers | Asked in Child Support for Louisiana on
Q: In April 2013 my ex husband and I got divorced and he was court ordered to pay $300/month in cs. He stopped paying so

I Called my attorney and I couldn’t afford to take him back to court. I filed cs through the state in September 2013 and sent a copy of current cs order to them. We have a court date in October after finally finding my ex and serving him. What do I need to bring with me to court besides my... Read more »

Raul Enrique Guerra Jr
Raul Enrique Guerra Jr answered on Sep 4, 2019

We don not give specific advice; to potential clients, but a motion for contempt may be inorder if there is a judgment of child support.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.