Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by William Stanley Fitch
2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for California on
Q: Can I be arrested for violating a criminal no contact order if I'm the protected/ victim and let them in my house.

My wife was arrested and charged with 3 different DV charges. She plead to 1 and the DA dropped the other 2. The judge put in place a 5yr criminal no contact order. The other night she came over after being at the casino all night and she was clearly drunk and high on something. She told me she... View More

William Stanley Fitch
William Stanley Fitch
answered on Mar 5, 2018

Yes! You absolutely can be arrested. While the victim may choose not to follow the restraining order, this is no defense to violating it. If the police discover she was in your home- even if she pursued you- YOU are the one who will be arrested. Stay away from her at all costs. If she contacts you... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.