Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Christopher Carr
1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Nevada on
Q: In a divorce, is a financial disclosure form required if child support is already established and all assets have been

divided and the couple has lived in separate households for 2 years?

Christopher Carr
Christopher Carr
answered on Jul 31, 2015

It really depends on what you are going to Court for. You say assets have been divided. What about debts? Do either you or your spouse seek attorneys fees? The fact that you have lived separate for two years is not really a factor. As a general rule, you need a recent Financial Disclosure Form... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.