Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Jill A Michaux
2 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy for Kansas on
Q: How do I get a free bankruptcy record of my late husband from around 2001 from Hamilton County, KS?
Jill A Michaux
Jill A Michaux
answered on Dec 15, 2012

Bankruptcy cases in Kansas are filed in Topeka, Wichita, or Kansas City, Kansas. The Kansas Bankruptcy Court went live on the Case Management Electronic Case Filing (CMECF) system on June 1, 2004. The clerk of court had electronic records on another system prior to that date. Active cases were... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.