Orange, CA asked in Car Accidents for California

Q: If someone rear ends me and we don't go through insurance how can i collect the money owed me if she isn't paying me?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randall R. Walton
Randall R. Walton pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • San Marcos, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Is this agreement between you and the negligent driver in writing? That would be a starting point to determine how you can enforse this agreement. A better question would be, why did you agree not to go through insurance? If the accident occurred less than three years ago, you could probably just go ahead and make a claim with her insurance company.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.