Santa Clarita, CA asked in Family Law and Domestic Violence for California

Q: After a ch-120 restraining order expired what form is needed to be file

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ute Ferdig
Ute Ferdig
  • Newcastle, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If the temporary restraining order expired and the court did not grant an extension or a permanent restraining order, then you would have to refile and get a new hearing. If the temporary restraining order expired and the court granted a permanent restraining order, you have to prepare a CH-140 and have it signed by the judge. You will also have to have the order served and then deliver a copy of the order after hearing and proof of service CH-130 to the law enforcement agencies listed in the order after hearing. Under certain cirumstances the court can order that the law enforcement agency serve the order free of charge.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.