Santee, CA asked in Family Law for California

Q: If my ex got a restraining order on me, is she allowed to continuesly try & contact me.?

We have a child together that we share joint custody of. she obtained the restraining oder by lieing in court in hopes that she would recieve full custody. I want no contact with her, yet she continues to contact me. then when she doesnt like what I have to say she files a comlaint saying I violated a restraining order???? What Can I do. this isnt right

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Derrick  Taberski
Derrick Taberski
  • Atwood, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If there is a restraining order in place, I assume you can communicate about visitation. Check your order to be sure. Use e-mail or Family Wizard to communicate about visitation. There should be no other communication. You are restrained, but she isn't. The restrained person is always at a disadvantage, and no one is forcing you to talk to her. Except in a rare emergency, there is no reason for you to communicate with her about the children except in writing. That would be the best way to protect yourself.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.