Irvine, CA asked in Family Law for California

Q: How do I file an Order to Show Cause for Reimbursement of child expenses with the court?

I have filled out an Order to Show Cause (FL-300) for Expense Reimbursement of children's medical expense, along with a Notice of Motion (FL-301)to go with it. Both forms have a declaration attached that details the reasons for the Order and the required supporting documents. I included copies of both forms with self addressed envelopes so the court could send back with hearing information filled in. How do I file these documents with the court by mail? They are going to the Lamoreaux Justice Center in Orange. Is there a department I need to attention it to? Is there a fee to file these documents by mail? If yes, how do I pay the fee?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jeffrey Moore
Jeffrey Moore
  • Campbell, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Child care and medical expenses are an aspect of child support, often referred to as a ,child support add-on'. You have filed the correct forms. You should of course be prepared to submit receipts for the medical and childcare expenses. Also prepare to defend the necessity of the expenses: medical expenses must be necessary, not cosmetic; child care expenses must be so that you can attend school or work.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.