Fontana, CA asked in Divorce for California

Q: Im going thru a divorce.she has a laweyer.if my ex and i agree on everything do i need a lawyer.can we use mediator

I dont want to get a lawyer.i'm agreeing to half of,money.50/50 child custory.i just want to get over with.she also agrees.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jeffrey Moore
Jeffrey Moore
  • Campbell, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Many family lawyers are now willing to do just a small part of a case in this economy. I would suggest you let her attorney write up an agreement, and then hire a lawyer just to review it with you to make sure that it is in fact a written version of the agreement you made with your ex-wife.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.