Yakima, WA asked in Immigration Law for Washington

Q: Fiancée has immigration court next month, can judge give us time to get married and file a petition for him to stay?

He was driving under the influence of alcohol, his first time.. We have

A two year old baby. We want to get married but we are both still married

To other people and we want time to resolve our divorce and be able to marry.

But he has his court next month and the judge only gave him an application

Because of our child and his daughter.. What can we do ?? Please help!!! Thank you...

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rebecca White
Rebecca White
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Seattle, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: You will need to have as much prepared as possible to show the good faith relationship, the birth certificate for your child, and your intention to marry as soon as possible. You may be able to request sufficient time to prepare everything.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.