Is there a way to file a case in federal court after done everything possible in state court

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Joseph Bronson Barnes Esq

Answered 2 years ago

Usually no, but they are separate jurisdictions with different rules you need to review the matter with a lawyer. I have had several cases in Federal court where they dismissed the state charges so I brought them in State court after the verdict on the federal matters. Be careful, the statute of limitations may well expire before you get out of the first court.