Milford, CT asked in Criminal Law for Connecticut

Q: If someone filed false claim in a POC for monies said owed and you can prove they lied is that person going to prison ?

The plaintiff in my case filed false claims for monies said owed and lied in a proof of claim and I have 100% proff. is that person going to prison ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Bronson Barnes
Joseph Bronson Barnes
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Milford, CT
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: Proof of claim went where? Bankruptcy court? You need to contest the POC or it may be accepted as fact. If he lied under oath, it is perjury and is a felony. Will he go to jail?, maybe. Bill Clinton lied under oath and nothing happened.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.