Woodbridge, VA asked in Bankruptcy for Virginia

Q: I don't want my trustee to take my taxes so can I dismiss my case. I have no assets. How do I do this. I filed Pro Se

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andrew Bresalier
Andrew Bresalier

A: A: If you have a Refund, you have assets. If you have clothes, a car, a house, you have assets, though chances are they are exempt. If you are prior to the Meeting of Creditors and do not show up, usually a Trustee will dismiss the case, but if your expected Refund is sizable, the Trustee may still pursue. If you already attending the Meeting of Creditors, you should ask the Trustee if he would object to a Voluntary Dismissal. Before seeking a Dismissal, you should ask yourself, are those few bucks from your Refund worth losing the Discharge and the Prejudice period prohibiting your refilling for at least six months?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.