Spokane, WA asked in DUI / DWI for Washington

Q: I got a dui in Washington but am moving to Hawaii. Can I take my dui classes there?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jeffrey Alan Lustick
Jeffrey Alan Lustick
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Bellingham, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: No, unfortunately there is no way to legally transfer the venue of your criminal case to another state. You will need to come back to Washington State after you have moved to Hawaii to appear in court and get the case resolved. And on top of that, depending on the court and the policies for pretrial release in that court, you may even need permission to move away.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.