Cleveland, OH asked in Nursing Home Abuse for South Carolina

Q: Who do you file a complaint with when a Director of a Memory Care Facility in S.C. actions are unprofessional & hurtful?

I have been falsely accused of telling a patient (my twin brother) by an un-named employee of Emeritus at Palm Court that "I will try to break you out of there". I was told they heard me over an open telephone line during a conversation with my brother, a patient at Emeritus. I have claimed my innocents several times & requested the name of the employee making this claim against me without any success. Since this allegation I have been denied all telephone communication, restricted visitation & my mail being read prior to my brother receiving it. Supposedly my brother's wife (guardian & conservator) was told this by this un-named (to only me) employee & has thus denied my brother his wish to have contact with his siblings. S.C. Court Order 20130700048 on 4/22/13 states my brother requested to have contact with siblings. He is being denied of his civil rights & dignity because of a lie! I suspect the Director is this un-named employee but have no proof! Who can help me file a complaint?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
  • Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ

A: You can use the find a lawyer too on this site, or google, to search for lawyers to assist you.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is only general information. It is NOT legal advice, and it may not work for your specific situation. It is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the relevant facts and documents. I strongly encourage you to consult with a local lawyer to get legal advice and help with your specific situation at your earliest convenience. I am licensed to practice law in Arizona.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.