Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Nursing Home Abuse legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
South Carolina Nursing Home Abuse Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation and Nursing Home Abuse for South Carolina on
Q: is there a place that the public can check on wins or jury cases for a lawyer?
Roy Willey
Roy Willey
answered on Jan 23, 2023

Yes, if you know what you are looking for. When hiring a civil litigation attorney you should ALWAYS ask about their success in the courtroom with jury verdicts. This is not because your case will absolutely go to trial, it may not, but insurance companies know the lawyers that will go the... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Elder Law, Health Care Law, Military Law and Nursing Home Abuse for South Carolina on
Q: My Father was veteran. He’s been at funeral home since Oct 2th without anyone letting the family know what’s going on.

My father was a veteran that had live in nurse aid. None of our family knew this person other than me searching her criminal records. She let him get dehydrated for 5 days which shut his organs down. She was reported to DSS.Not one person has gotten back with family on that. He then went in Oconee... View More

Roy Willey
Roy Willey
answered on Oct 9, 2022

I’m unclear on what your exact question is but you should contact an nursing home negligence attorney if you are concerned about the care your father received. So sorry for what you are going through.

4 Answers | Asked in Elder Law, Nursing Home Abuse, Personal Injury and Wrongful Death for South Carolina on
Q: My father was in an expensive nursing home in Massachusetts -- a nurse gave him Covid 19 and he died, can we sue them?
Carole Jean Hayes
Carole Jean Hayes
answered on Apr 21, 2020

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I agree with the other answer but I also wanted to share that you need to find an attorney as soon as you can, after doing your due diligence. You are going to need to subpoena a lot of documents and talk to the witnesses and get their deposition before their... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Nursing Home Abuse for South Carolina on
Q: Who do you file a complaint with when a Director of a Memory Care Facility in S.C. actions are unprofessional & hurtful?

I have been falsely accused of telling a patient (my twin brother) by an un-named employee of Emeritus at Palm Court that "I will try to break you out of there". I was told they heard me over an open telephone line during a conversation with my brother, a patient at Emeritus. I have... View More

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
answered on Nov 18, 2015

You can use the find a lawyer too on this site, or google, to search for lawyers to assist you.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is only general information. It is NOT legal advice, and it may not work for your specific...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.