Olympia, WA asked in DUI / DWI for Washington

Q: If your dui deferred prosecution is revoked, is it possible to get EHM or work release instead of incarceration?

I was very close to finishing treatment but got behind on meetings and quit going. I didn't show for my compliance hearing because I was afraid of losing everything I had worked hard for. I had 2 non compliances from failed UA for weed. I had a medical card but the treatment center I was going to didn't accept it. I transferred to one that did. There are no new offenses just an FTA. I just want to know if EHM or work release would be a possibility before I turn myself in, as I'm sure they will revoke my deferment.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David Nelson Jolly
David Nelson Jolly
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Mount Vernon, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: Work Release is always a possibility in lieu of Jail - assuming you are employed, your jurisdiction permits it, and you have no prior violent criminal convictions. Talk to your attorney or consult with an experienced local DUI lawyer.


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.