Beltsville, MD asked in Car Accidents for Maryland

Q: if i was a passenger in a vehicle hit by a drunk driver in the state of GA but I live in MD who should represent me?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ

A: Talk to a personal injury lawyer in Georgia. You can also talk to a Maryland lawyer, but they may have to associate with a Georgia lawyer. I'd start with Georgia since that's where the accident happened and they'll know the Georgia system. Be well.

John M DeProspo agrees with this answer

Laura G. Zois
Laura G. Zois pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Baltimore, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: If the Georgia defendant has car insurance, you have to start in Georgia because that is where you would have jurisdiction over the defendant. If the at-fault driver does not have insurance and the vehicle is insured in Maryland, you have an uninsured motorist claim in Maryland.

Ronald V. Miller Jr. agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.