Asked in Collections for Alaska

Q: Do i owe my trustee money?

i lived in a county with a trustee who was collecting student welfare and i just moved out of the county may 1st to a new county back with my parents. My trustee was still collecting my student welfare and sent me the money for the month of may. for the month of june when it came to collecting the money from my trustee he had lied and said my student welfare has been cancelled. due to the fact he said it was cancelled my parents then tried to put me under one of there disability's. but they couldnt because he had collected money for the month of june. therefor i had contacted him saying i wanted the money for june because since he claimed that money i couldnt claim money through my parents. he had told me that he is going to return the money for the month of june and may, he insists i owe him one months worth of welfare. do i owe him this money?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Alaska

A: First, Alaska doesn't have counties, so this can't be about Alaska law; it is in the wrong category.

Anyway, you will need to indicate what state (if in the US) or country you are in. Since you ask about "student welfare", and a trustee who collects the same, I'm guessing you aren't in the US.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.