Oklahoma City, OK asked in Criminal Law and Municipal Law for Oklahoma

Q: My son spent 9 days in jail for identity theft and was transported to another state without his consent, can he sue?

My son was taken to Oklahoma County jail for a warrant in Yavapai Arizona, he was incarcerated in Oklahoma County for 7 days then transported to Arizona, they saw they had the wrong person then released him can something be done about this? They told him he was actually kidnapped since he didn't sign a waiver to be transported to Yavapai County. They weren't going to send him home until he started crying...then they bought him a plane ticket and give him $200 dollars cash, I feel like that was to keep him from inquiring about a lawsuit. If he has grounds for lawsuit, what's a good attorney to call?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Deltona, FL

A: Perhaps. Go see a local criminal defense attorney who also handles personal injury cases. You can find them in the phone book or online

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.