Sparks, NV asked in Criminal Law and Family Law for Nevada

Q: a 29 yr old man had a sexual relations with my daughter who got preg. who was 16 can i file charges on him

he 31 and my daughter was 16. got her preg. this day he has just ingaged in sex with daughter and has no signs of wanting my daughter and the baby in a relation. . Can i press charges on this man who had sex with daughter who was 16 with no intentions of being in a relionship of love and future marriage plains. left me baby herself to bare a child as a child. now whats to take her baby away from her on account of her maturity level.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Deltona, FL

A: Go see a local attorney about this. The age of consent is 16 in Nevada.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.