Rocklin, CA asked in Domestic Violence for California

Q: I have a DV order that I am in process of having lifted and I was arrested, can she go with me to court?

I was arrested after an officer brought her to our mutual home as I was leaving and arrested me for the violation. I have court tomorrow and wanted to know if it would benefit me to have here there to say that she is trying to lift the RO.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gina Marie Famularo
Gina Marie Famularo
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Corona, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Yes it would, but if you were arrested, there may be a restraining order against you and speaking to your wife may be a violation!

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.