Flowery Branch, GA asked in Family Law for Virginia

Q: my husband cheated and got another woman pregnant but is sending her stuff for the child will he have to pay c.s?

My husband and i been married for 4 years and he cheated on me and now have

a baby by another woman. We are still married bc i forgave him and i am

pregnant with our 3rd child. But the other woman now trying to put him on

childsupport. She want alot of money but she knew he was married when they

was messing around and when i carrying our second child. What should i do..

he go to court for childsupport in February 2016. Any legal advice would


Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Samantha Bohannon
Samantha Bohannon
  • West Point, VA
  • Licensed in Virginia

A: Virginia looks at it as the support is for the child, not the parent. If he acknowledges that he is the child's father, then, yes, he could be responsible for child support. That being said, there are guidelines that most judges follow when awarding child support that take into account how many children he has to support, the cost of care for the child, the income of both the father and mother, among other things.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.