Rancho Cordova, CA asked in Family Law for California

Q: I have been in another city with my child for about 8 years, had another child and got married.

1st dad may see her once a year, but that is not a guarantee and as of today, he doesn't pay child support (I filed recently). Can the biological father of my first child get legal sole or joint custody and make us move back to the same city he is in?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gina Marie Famularo
Gina Marie Famularo
  • Corona, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: No- it is too late. Your ex should have done something many years ago if he wanted to contest the move. He will probably go back to court and ask for more time with his child, though, in retaliation of you asking for child support.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.