Silver Spring, MD asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury and Securities Law for Maryland

Q: what documents should I file for complaint against a night club and a security business for wrongful assault in MD

I was wrongfully assaulted multiple times with a taser by a special police officer while working at a night club, went to the commissioner's office to file a complaint against the officer but also would like to file against his security firm as well as the night club. What should I file?

1 Lawyer Answer
David Alan Wolf
David Alan Wolf pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, FL

A: Assault and negligent security cases are quite complicated. You may want to retain the services of an attorney to pursue this matter on your behalf. There can be a count for assault, battery, negligence and other causes of action. If you do not formally hire an attorney, you may want to have an attorney draft the complaint for you to file. Before you file anything, go ahead and speak to a local personal injury or civil rights attorney as to recommended and practical courses of action.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.