Hutto, TX asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Texas

Q: Can a man disinherit his half brother from his fathers estate if the father and brother never met or made contact with

They never met, never spoke, never made any kind of contact but father was forced to pay child support

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Matthew S Tadlock
Matthew S Tadlock
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Grapevine, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: The half-brother cannot disinheit anyone outside of his own heirs. The father would be the one to disinherit someone in his will.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.