Los Angeles, CA asked in Family Law for California

Q: I have visitation on Wed for my girl--her mom blocked my cell phone, and not sure where her whereabouts would be. Help

Also, my gf and I are planning a vacation (which happens to be on 2 of my visitation days) I let my daughters mom know 3 months in advance and she's threatening to file something against me. Is there anything I can do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Susan G. Cohen
Susan G. Cohen pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: A lawyer will need to review the exact wording of the existing court order. Does it say anything about girlfriends? Send the Mom a letter by priority mail, so it can be tracked. Say in the letter what you believe your visitation rights are, and state the specific date and times you want to pick up the child from, and return the child to, the Mom on each day of visitation. Ask her to reply in writing. If she will not cooperate in arranging the visitation dates, you should retain a Los Angeles Family law attorney to help you further. Remember to be calm at all times. If the Mom wants to fight and yell, just walk away. If you have to go to court to enforce your visitation rights, the judge will be pleased to see that you behaved well.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.