Paterson, NJ asked in Civil Rights, Family Law, Criminal Law and Divorce for New Jersey

Q: I report to the police that my husband did Bigamy. I am his 1st wife.. how can I go about getting that Annulment

Me & my husband never got divorced and we are still together. He had cheated on me & married someone else in Las Vegas Nevada.

The other girl know that me & my husband are still married & together. I report to the police and nothing had happened. I want that marriage to be void or Annulment.. help?

1 Lawyer Answer
Santo Artusa Jr.
Santo Artusa Jr.
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Jersey City, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: You should consult with an attorney because if he was married to someone else at the time of your marriage, you can file for annulment in New Jersey

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.