Palm Desert, CA asked in Family Law for California

Q: I need to terminate temporary guardianship. My son needs to home l requested a lawyer but got ignored..

The courts granted me weakly phone calls holidays and birthdays but I haven't talked to my son for a year .

Made a incident report with police.. what Will my attorney help with and what is the cost...


Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Heather Mellyn Cullen
Heather Mellyn Cullen
  • Temecula, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: It is in your best interest to consult with an experienced guardianship attorney who practices in the courthouse wherein your matter will be heard. The attorney can review you matter with you and outline the costs for services. Terminating a guardianship can be very difficult and costly. Your best starting point is with a consultation with an experienced attorney.

I hope the above answer is helpful.

Good luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.