Madison, OH asked in Personal Injury and Criminal Law for Ohio

Q: How do I deal with a scam artist that completely took advantage live still out of my bank account vanished with a truck

I basically have fallen a victim of a con artist I've taken care of this man for a year-and-a-half got pregnant at 4 months he's been cheating on me gave me an STD while pregnant come to find out he's also sleeping with men he has a truck that I put $2,500 down on and cosine for I'm on the title it's in a repo because he refuses to carry insurance and also refuses to return it I have been emotionally mentally and financially done now single mother and he is abusive and violent I have a TPO on him he hasn't financially taking care of this kid at all he left us with all of his half of bills in Jeopardy of utilities being shut off didn't care and even had money in his two different bank accounts to help and again you we were in Jeopardy and didn't care if his son at 4 months old have water lights or utilities I had to pay for the difference Charities had to help it was that bad what do I do

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Mr Scott Marshall Neuman
Mr Scott Marshall Neuman
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Okemos, MI

A: Unfortunately there is little you can do. Suing someone that is not collectible will not solve your problems. I suggest that you set up a consultation with a competent bankruptcy attorney.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: Legally you are unfortunately stuck with the loan. However you may well be "judgment proof." If the bills are truly his, then you don't have to pay them. Move, let the utitlity companies chase him. You should contact legal services or Catholic family services, find out what resources are available to you, write down a list of what bills are truly his and they can't look to you for payment etc. You need couseling to untangle what's going on with a lot of this.

But legally you won't be able to do anything through a lawsuit except spend time & emotional energy.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.