Albany, NY asked in Real Estate Law and Construction Law for New York

Q: I had received a total of 50,000 in grant money to fix my house the contractor didn't finish. its been 8 years?

My daughter at the time was just little and since this so called work has been done she is being hospitalized at least once a year with respiratory issues. My son has headaches all the time so bad he gets sent home from school and is on medication for them. but in reality it’s the house and may be the house causing his anger issues, because the roof they were supposed to fix they were supposed to take all the nails out fix the bad spots and put screws in none of this was done all they did was paint over it and said they would be back to paint it again when weather got better the following spring, this never happen either so the 2 spots still leak and are still molded because they just painted over the mold the first time. They were supposed to take out the floor that has kerosene soaked in it under my kitchen cabinets right next to my stove. there exact word " if we try will will damage the cabinets and that's money out of our pocket" so left it.code enforces has not passed inspection

1 Lawyer Answer
Ali Shahrestani, Esq.
Ali Shahrestani, Esq.
  • San Jose, CA
  • Licensed in New York

A: Have a lawyer review the contract, communications, and facts of your legal issue to determine if there has been a breach of contract or negligence here. The best first step is an Initial Consultation with an Attorney. You can read more about me, my credentials, awards, honors, testimonials, and media appearances/ publications on my law practice website. I practice law in CA, NY, MA, and DC in the following areas of law: Business & Contracts, Criminal Defense, Divorce & Child Custody, and Education Law. This answer does not constitute legal advice; make any predictions, guarantees, or warranties; or create any Attorney-Client relationship.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.