Dallas, TX asked in Car Accidents and Libel & Slander for Arizona

Q: If my sister-in-law lent her car to her granddaughter to drive in AZ. and my sister-in-law had me sign a papersaying

that if anything happened to her car I would have to pay for the repairs. Then, her granddaughter totaled

the car, who is liable? My sister-in-law rents a room from me for $250.00 a month ,plus 50.00 for the tv, but

ever since the accident she hasn't paid me a dime, what can I do?

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: Well, you signed so that her grandaughter could drive the car, so it's binding on you. Yes, you can give her a notice to quit for nonpayment, and she can ask you to pay for the car now.Either way you will be paying her.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.