Asked in Consumer Law, Small Claims and Contracts for Arizona

Q: My mom was tricked into buying overpriced collectible coins. What laws can I sue under?

They convinced us that bullion would be confiscated and then told us the coins they were selling us were worth $2000 each but they're only worth about $1300. She paid $2020 each. She bought 7. I want to sue but need advice as to which laws were violated.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tevis Steven Reich
Tevis Steven Reich
  • Flagstaff, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: She may have a claim for fraud, fraudulent inducement, material misrepresentation. There are multiple consumer protection laws that may also be applicable. An attorney in your area should be able to help you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.