Charleston, SC asked in Constitutional Law for South Carolina

Q: Is there a lawyer that will help me with violation of religious freedom from VA.

I was forced to attend 12 Step / AA religious programs for 62 hours a week for 9 month, under a largely publicly funded VA program. I had to do this horrible religions, and forfeit contact to the outside world (such as going to San Diego State University for several months. I needed food, water and shelter. I would have been denied this things if I did not go along with the religious program. Please note, all of these courts have ruled that Alcoholics Anonymous is a religion or engages in religious activities: ⦁ the Federal 7th Circuit Court in Wisconsin, 1984; ⦁ the Federal District Court for Southern New York, 1994; ⦁ the New York Court of Appeals, 1996; ⦁ the New York State Supreme Court, 1996; ⦁ the U.S. Supreme Court, 1997; ⦁ the Tennessee State Supreme Court; ⦁ the Federal 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals in New York, 1996; ⦁ the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit; ⦁ the U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh District, 1996; ⦁ the Federal Appeals Court in Chicago, 1996; ⦁ the 9th

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brian Lehman
Brian Lehman

A: You could consider contacting this organization, Freedom from Religion Foundation, or reporting what happened to you:

That organization has specifically written about court-mandated AA meeting violating the constitution here:

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.