Arlington, TX asked in Criminal Law and Juvenile Law for Texas

Q: Knocked out by a 15 year old

My 18 yr old son was on an out of state band trip when he got home Ibsaw that he had 2 black eyes a busted lip and he was having a hard time moving his jaw. A 15 yr old fellow band member was waiting for him to get back to his room when he punched him and knocked him out. My son kept trying to get away but he wouldn't let him. Finally other band members got the other boy of my son and he went to another floor to get help. I was never informed of what happen my son was not taken to the hospital since he has had concussions before and he was knocked out that would of been the ideal thing to do. Death threats are being made to my son by this other boys family members when they go back to school after the winyer break. The school says to not file a report but I am very concerned especially bc of the death threats

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Paul Saputo Jr.
Paul Saputo Jr.
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: This sounds like a situation that you may need to contact the police about.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.