Baltimore, MD asked in Consumer Law for Maryland

Q: I just found a judgement on my credit card, but I never lived in the state where it is coming from - what do I do now?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Derek A. Hills
Derek A. Hills
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Easton, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: I would recommend that you contact a consumer protection attorney to discuss the details. If you never owed the debt on which the judgment was based, you might be able to attack the judgment. If successful, you might be able to file a claim against the company that filed the lawsuit as well.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.