Cynthiana, KY asked in Elder Law and Nursing Home Abuse for Kentucky

Q: My mom is in a nursing home and my question is if there is a nurse working there that I would prefer not to care for mom

My mom is in a nursing home and my question is if there is a nurse working there that I would prefer not to care for mom do I have the right to refuse the care of a nurse for my mom in the nursing home? My mom always gets her medicine by 8:30 pm and this one nurse gives it to her between 930 and 10:00 pm. I like to be there when she gets her medicine because this same nurse also put her medicine in chocolate pudding once and my mom is allergic to chocolate, she also does not raise my moms head when she comes into give her medicine and my mom spilled the water on herself because of this, I said she could not do this she will get chocked or strangled. Because I questioned her about giving out the medicine late because she is playing on her phone she now makes my mom the very last person to get her medicine.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Reilly
Michael Reilly
  • Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: You need to address your concerns with the nursing supervisor and director of the home. However, if your mother is receiving her medicine as prescribed, it does not appear at this point there is a valid claim for abuse or negligence.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.