Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Nursing Home Abuse legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Kentucky Nursing Home Abuse Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Nursing Home Abuse and Domestic Violence for Kentucky on
Q: Will a pending assault charge prohibit me from being granted a nursing license?
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Apr 5, 2023

Possibly. You need to get that charge dismissed if at all possible.

1 Answer | Asked in Elder Law and Nursing Home Abuse for Kentucky on
Q: My mom is in a nursing home and my question is if there is a nurse working there that I would prefer not to care for mom

My mom is in a nursing home and my question is if there is a nurse working there that I would prefer not to care for mom do I have the right to refuse the care of a nurse for my mom in the nursing home? My mom always gets her medicine by 8:30 pm and this one nurse gives it to her between 930 and... View More

Michael Reilly
Michael Reilly
answered on Jun 28, 2017

You need to address your concerns with the nursing supervisor and director of the home. However, if your mother is receiving her medicine as prescribed, it does not appear at this point there is a valid claim for abuse or negligence.

1 Answer | Asked in Nursing Home Abuse for Kentucky on
Q: in a law suit if one passes away does their portion go to next of kin or split with the other parties

it is a law suit against a nursing home for fathers death. there are 6 sons if one passes away what happens

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
answered on Jan 13, 2016

Sorry for your loss. It depends on the law of the state. Nursing home negligence lawsuits are complicated and should be handled by a lawyer familiar with these lawsuits.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is only general...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Nursing Home Abuse for Kentucky on
Q: I am the POA for my 84yr old mother. Due to my medicinal conditions, I had to put her in a personal care home.

Can I file charges on them for putting her on an narcotic when I said NO?

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
answered on Jul 14, 2015

Talk to a local elder law lawyer about your rights and options. If there was injury, talk to a local nursing home negligence lawyer. Be well.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.