Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Kentucky Elder Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Elder Law, Environmental, Personal Injury and Real Estate Law for Kentucky on
Q: Is the owner of a mobile home park responsible for draining water directly under my mobile home, causing black mold?

There are french lines draining water from the top of the park directly under my mobile home going from N to S, and also from the top of a high hill going under my home going W to E. They're visible, I have a swamp under my mobile home, which I own, and it is damaged by black mold due to this... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Nov 17, 2020

A Kentucky attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for four weeks. At this point you could reach out to attorneys to discuss in greater detail. If you gathered your medical records, that would be valuable in a legal consult. If the engineer provided you with a report, that could also... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Elder Law for Kentucky on
Q: How can I force my parents POA to share their financial records with me and other siblings in KY?
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Sep 14, 2020

Short of a lawsuit against the POA, nothing you can do.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Estate Planning, Family Law and Elder Law for Kentucky on
Q: If there’s a joint will And one spouse dies Can the other spouse change the will or sell what was left to someone

She’s sold most the cattle and all the farm equipment which was lifted my dad . the land was divided between my aunt and my dad and it clearly stated in the will this portion go to my aunt and her son, and this portion go to my dad and his two sons I was 13 that was my home I was kicked out... Read more »

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Mar 10, 2019

It depends on the will joint will reads. You should consult a probate and estate planning attorney who can review it and tell you how to proceed.

1 Answer | Asked in Elder Law and Nursing Home Abuse for Kentucky on
Q: My mom is in a nursing home and my question is if there is a nurse working there that I would prefer not to care for mom

My mom is in a nursing home and my question is if there is a nurse working there that I would prefer not to care for mom do I have the right to refuse the care of a nurse for my mom in the nursing home? My mom always gets her medicine by 8:30 pm and this one nurse gives it to her between 930 and... Read more »

Michael Reilly
Michael Reilly answered on Jun 28, 2017

You need to address your concerns with the nursing supervisor and director of the home. However, if your mother is receiving her medicine as prescribed, it does not appear at this point there is a valid claim for abuse or negligence.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Elder Law for Kentucky on
Q: If a family members stolen $13,000 by using a debit card, police report was filed and a detective was asigned

And waiting an arrest warrant can the charges be dropped simply because the person has agreed to repay the money? Mind you that at this point the bank has already returned $10,000 of the money. This would be a daughter stealing from her father with severe dementia. Elder abuse charges were also... Read more »

Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot answered on Sep 24, 2015

No, no, no. Theft is actionable in criminal court. She needs to get a criminal defense attorney on her side. Before she has someone post more questions on the internet which admit guilt she should seek the advice of a local criminal defense attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.