Lancaster, SC asked in Traffic Tickets for South Carolina

Q: I got a ticket 5 years ago for a expired licence and I didn't pay it what do I need to do to go get my licence back.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Allison Brandt Blackwelder
Allison Brandt Blackwelder
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Greenville, SC
  • Licensed in South Carolina

A: Your first step is contacting the court that handled your case five years ago and paying that fine or serving whatever sentence was ordered. If you have no other license issues, proof that you handled the old charge may be enough for the DMV to allow you to get your license back.

If you are unsure about your old case or if you have other traffic issues, it is a good idea to hire an experienced traffic attorney to help you.

Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.