Puyallup, WA asked in Family Law, Personal Injury and Juvenile Law for Washington

Q: If you're siblings attacks you and your mom won't do anything about it, am I entitled to any rights to leave?

my younger sibling keeps hitting me and verbally abusing me and I refuse to hit her back unless I really need to defend myself and unfortunately the situation has continued and my Mom has not done anything about it. She claims she does but still not working. This happens when my mom is at work which is most days and I wanted to know if there is anyway I can have the right to leave my house without the consent of my mom since nothing is happening.

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: Talk to a counselor. Becoming an "emancipated minor " is tough and not always easy.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.