Asked in Employment Law and Workers' Compensation for Texas

Q: What to do when you disagree with the company doctor And you know that the injury was work related

All restrictions are removed including a brace given by previous w c doctor

1 Lawyer Answer
Beatriz Adriana Sosa-Morris
Beatriz Adriana Sosa-Morris
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You need to dispute the extent of injury and set up a benefits review conference. You dispute the extent of injury by filling out a DWC 45 and filing it with TDI-DWC. You can find the form here: However, I recommend you consult with an attorney regarding your rights before you go to a benefits review conference ("BRC"). You need to have medical evidence that the injury was work related and an attorney can make sure that the medical records you have are legally sufficient.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.