Wilmington, NC asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law, Child Custody, Divorce and Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: What happens when a motion to modify a divorce decree was never finished. It was filed to modify but we never finished.

Original decree states me as sole custodian. My Ex filed a motion to modify our decree. We started spending thousands on lawyers and realized both our lawyers were not being honest with us about the other. We came to our own agreement and never finished the amended decree. Does this mean the original decree still stands? Or the temporary order placed before the motion to modify? This is in Oklahoma.

1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Johnston Dean
Gary Johnston Dean
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Pryor, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: The last order, the Temporary Order is still in effect. My suggestion would be for either you or your Ex draw up your agreement, both sign your approval, and submit to the Judge for filing.

I would be happy to review it for you before it is filed if you send it to me. Visit my website for more contact info. www.garyjdean.com

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.