Asked in Family Law for Virginia

Q: I have physical custody of my children, the father has visitation rights. A incident accurred where the father had the

Police called and he passed my son drugs to hold. Can the father lose visitation? I don't want my children interfering with him if he is having drugs around them.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Jeremiah Seck
Michael Jeremiah Seck
  • Leesburg, VA
  • Licensed in Virginia

A: Child Custody, Visitation and Support are always modifiable by the Court so long as you show that there has been a material change in circumstances from the last Order entered and that the Modification is in the Child's best interests. If these alleged facts are true you would have a very strong argument to request the Court Modify the current visitation and you could ask the court to terminate all visitation or require supervised visitation. I strongly urge you to retain counsel and request the Court Modify/Terminate visitation with the Father.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.