Philadelphia, PA asked in Internet Law and Libel & Slander for Pennsylvania

Q: If a image of me that is detrimental to my reputation and encompasses bullying is posted on social media, can I sue?

I repeatedly asked the source to delete the photo, which I never gave him permission to share, and it is still available for everyone to see. He still refuses to delete the photo and will not take me serious. The photo not only has my full name shown in the image, but also details of the personal conversation I shared with him are on display for the public to see. I am feeling bullied now because anyone can see the photo and I need it to be deleted because my reputation is being tarnished. what do I do, and who can I get in contact with?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: If you wrote to him on facebook and he put it up, not much you can do. Ask the provider to take it down.

Without knowing what it is, hard to say--but I can tell you suing him will cost you lots of money and time and not get you anywhere.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.